I’m always looking for fun and easy projects to do in the summer with my kids.
My daughter is really into science experiments so I was happy when Elmer’s contacted us to try out their Kid-Friendly Slime Kit.
Making slime was very easy and mess free. Two things I REALLY appreciate!
What you Need:
- > 1/2 tbsp of baking soda
- > 1 tbsp of contact lens solution
- > 4 fl oz Elmer’s White school glue
- > Your choice of food coloring
How to Make Slime:
- > Pour out the entire bottle of a 4oz of Elmer’s School Glue into a bowl.
- > Add ½ tbsp of baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- > After mixing, add your choice of food coloring until you get the color you want.
- > Add 1 tbsp of contact lens solution.
- > Mix until mixture gets harder to mix and slime begins to form
- > Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands.
- > If needed, add ¼ tbsp of contact lens solution to make the slime less sticky.
Check out my daughter’s Elmer’s Slime Kit video on YouTube:
*Adult supervision is required; This project is not appropriate for children under the age of 3 years. Always wash your hands before and after making and playing with slime. Warning: If large quantities of contact lens solution are accidentally ingested (greater than a tablespoon), get medical attention immediately.
My daughter decided to add essential oils to her slime. The oils made the slime smell so great!
This project is easy to make and so fun. I highly recommend you make some slime with your kids over the summer!
More Elmer’s DIY projects
You can find this slime recipe and many more great DIY projects on the Elmer’s website now. Make sure to check it out!
Elmer is giving away a Kid-Friendly Slime Kit to one of my readers! Check out my Facebook Flash Giveaway and enter now. Giveaway runs from July 18 – July 21, 2017. Giveaway open to Canadian residents only.